The future of the Health Claims Regulation
Ever since its introduction in 2006, the Health Claims Regulation has been generating headlines: In 2019, the discussions will continue to be dominated by nutritional profiles, health claims for sweet and fatty foods as well as health data on functional food and superfoods. How is the legal situation for health claims in advertising expected to develop? What do producers and traders have to be aware of in the functional food sector? All these topics are on the agenda of Akademie Fresenius’ ninth international Conference "Health Claims and Functional Ingredients" which will be taking place in Mainz/Germany on 4 and 5 June.
Speakers from Germany, Italy, Spain and the Benelux countries will be reporting on the parameters for success and the obstacles facing advertising food using health and “beauty” claims. In addition, the experts will be discussing whether and to what extent the transparency rules set down in the Novel Food Regulation impede the development of innovations in the food industry – and what manufacturers need to be aware of.
- Sarah Arayess, Hoogenraad & Haak
- Christian Ballke, Meisterernst Rechtsanwälte (law firm)
- Paola Corte, Studio Legale Corte
- Bernd Haber, BASF
- Andreas Meisterernst, Meisterernst Rechtsanwälte (law firm)
- Sebastián Romero Melchor, Food Compliance International
- Anne-Marie Orth, RDA Scientific Consultants
- Andreu Palou, University of the Balearic Islands
- Francesco Planchenstainer, Ferrero Group
Full programme details will be available here shortly!
Dates: 4 and 5 June 2019