Akademie Fresenius will be staging their twelfth international Conference “Contaminants and Residues in Food” in Cologne/Germany on 9 and 10 April where the highlight will be on current problems caused by contaminants and residues in food. The conference organiser has successfully won the support of representatives from the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), the World Health Organisation (WHO), industrial companies, such as ADM, General Mills, HIPP, Nestlé and the German Tea and Herbal Infusions Associations, as well as from research institutes and the authorities.
The agenda includes benchmark levels for MOSH and MOAH, microplastics in food and water using the latest methods (counting and identifying particles), chlorinated paraffins in the food chain as well as EFSA’s new risk assessment activities on dioxins. In addition, representatives from the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) will be taking stock of the situation now that the MEAL (meals for dietary exposure assessment and food analytics) study has been running for two years.
- Neil Buck, General Mills
- Peter Fürst, Chemical and Veterinary Analytical Institute Münsterland-Emscher-Lippe (CVUA-MEL)
- Tilemachos Goumperis, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Konrad Grob, Official Food Control Authority of the Canton of Zurich
- Georg Hartmann, HIPP-Werk Georg Hipp
- Rüdiger Helling, Saxon State Ministry of Social Affairs and Consumer Protection
- Nils Hinrichsen, ADM
- Ron Hoogenboom, RIKILT Wageningen UR
- Hans-Ulrich Humpf, University of Münster
- Alfonso Lampen, German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR)
- Rainer Malisch, EU Reference Laboratory for Halogenated POPs
- Irmela Sarvan, German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR)
- Dieter Schrenk, University of Kaiserslautern
- Richard Stadler, Nestlé Research Center
- Hans Steinkellner, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Angelika Tritscher, World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Heather Wallace, University of Aberdeen
- Maximilian Wittig, German Tea Association and German Herbal Infusions Association
Click here for full programme details!
Dates: 9 and 10 April 2019