In December 2019, Akademie Fresenius will be hosting their 19th international “Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecotoxicology and Risk Management" symposium in Cologne/Germany. Top-ranking speakers from Europe and Canada will be discussing the risk potential of plant protection products for the environment. Different tiers of aquatic risk assessment will then be up for debate – alongside the legislation aimed at avoiding endocrine disruptors and where its implementation currently stands. The participants will also gain insights into the risk assessment of pesticides in Canada and the USA and discuss the differences in legislation and practice between these countries and Europe.
As in previous years, scientists and representatives from the authorities will be coming face-to-face with representatives from the industry. The guests will include scientists from the universities of Aarhus (Denmark) and Wageningen (the Netherlands). The industry perspective will be put forward by executives from companies such as BASF. Representatives from the agricultural sector will also have their say.
- Theo Brock, Wageningen University and Research
- Mark A. Clook, British Health and Safety Executive, Chemicals Regulation Division (HSE, CRD)
- Peter Dohmen, BASF
- Julie Ewald, Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Thomas Gäbert, Agrargenossenschaft Trebbin
- Nikki Gellatly, British National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs)
- Jan Grossarth, Journalist and Author
- Vanessa Mazerolles, French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occcupational Health and Safety (ANSES)
- Christoph Schäfers, Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME
- Christopher John Topping, Aarhus University
- Paul J. Van den Brink, Wageningen University
- Janice Villeneuve, Health Canada‘s Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA)
Full programme details will be available here shortly!
Dates: 5 and 6 December 2019