The risk assessment of chemical mixtures poses a major challenge. On 29 and 30 October 2019, European experts from the risk assessment and human toxicology areas will be convening at an international Akademie Fresenius symposium in Cologne to focus on this topic.
At this conference, representatives from the industry and the authorities will be reporting on the latest developments concerning the cumulative risk assessment of chemicals and many more issues. Alongside speakers from the OECD and the European Commission, representatives from the EuroMix (European Test and Risk Assessment Strategies for Mixtures) and ECD-MixRisk research initiatives are also on the list of presenters. There is also a special item on the conference agenda devoted to risk communication and the question of how heuristics can influence decisions.
- Carl-Gustaf Bornehag, Karlstad University
- Céline Brochot, French National Institute for Industrial Environment and Risks (INERIS)
- Takaaki Ito, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Marc Kennedy, Fera Science
- Stephanos Kirkagaslis, European Commission
- Andreas Kortenkamp, Brunel University London
- Frank Laporte, Bayer
- Stephanie Melching-Kollmuss, BASF
- Emiel Rorije, Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Urs Schlüter, Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA)
- Giovanna Semino-Beninel, Bayer
- Michael Siegrist, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich
- Jacob van Klaveren, Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Martin Wilks, Swiss Centre for Applied Human Toxicology
- ...and many more!
Full programme details will be available here shortly!
Dates: 29 and 30 October 2019