Whether organic animal feed, berries and grapes or ready-to-eat salads: reports about pesticide residues in food made headlines again during the past first weeks of 2015. The eighth International Akademie Fresenius Conference “Pesticide Residues in Food” from 6 to 7 May 2015 in Mainz (near Frankfurt)/Germany informs about the current state of affairs regarding analytical method development and monitoring in the area of pesticide residues. Speakers from European countries, Asia, North and South America are expected to attend the conference.
The conference topics in the area of research include the clean-up of samples respectively extracts of animal origin, the evaluation of analytical procedures in multi residue methods (MRMs), the validation of screening methods of pesticide residues in cereals and determination methods for pesticides with high polar properties. In addition, the conference will compare possible determination methods for Glyphosate and will discuss the application of the QuEChERS method for the determination of pesticide residues in fish fillet as well as the detection of pesticide metabolites. The topic area “regulation” deals with regulatory requirements in the United States, with pesticide residue monitoring in the EU and in Indonesia and with the question whether pesticide screenings look for the right substances so far.
- Michelangelo Anastassiades, EU Reference Laboratory for Pesticides Requiring Single Residue Methods (EURL-SRM) hosted at CVUA Stuttgart
- Hans Braeckman, fytolab
- Monika Bross, BASF
- Mette Erecius Poulsen, Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research (DFVF)
- Amadeo Fernández-Alba, University of Almería
- Thomas Frenzel, Saxon State Laboratory of Health and Veterinary Affairs
- Horacio Heinzen, University of the Republic Uruguay
- Félix Hernández Hernández, University Jaume I
- Magnus Jezussek, Bavarian Authority for Health and Food Safety (LGL)
- Christophe Junot, CEA
- Sri Noegrohati, Gadja Mada University
- Jürgen Plange, PMG Premium Mühlen Gruppe
- Hermine Reich, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Carmen Tiu, Dow AgroSciences
- Hermann Unterluggauer, Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety (AGES)
- ...and many others!
Date: 6 to 7 May 2015
Location: Mainz (near Frankfurt)/Germany
Die Akademie Fresenius GmbH
Alter Hellweg 46