One of the biggest challenges currently facing the chemical industry and the authorities is the assessment and regulation of genotoxic substances, which can harm human DNA. This is why Akademie Fresenius will devote a conference especially to this topic this year. This conference will be taking place in Mainz/Germany on 21 and 22 June.
The list of speakers includes scientists from Europe as well as representatives from the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) and international companies, such as BASF, Novartis and La Roche. The conference will be providing the participants with an overview of the status of the regulatory requirements included in the OECD’s test guidelines and the European REACh Chemicals Regulation. In addition, the experts will be discussing the opportunities and limits posed by new testing techniques.
- Carol Beevers, Exponent International
- Marc Cronin, Liverpool John Moores University
- George Johnson, Swansea University / European Environmental Mutagenesis and Genomics Society (EEMGS)
- David Kirkland, Kirkland Consulting
- Andreas Luch, German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR)
- Hans-Jörg Martus, Novartis Pharma AG
- Daniela Maurici, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Stephanie Melching-Kollmuss, BASF
- Krista Meurer, BASF
- Angelo Moretto, Universtiy of Milan / International Centre for Pesticides and Health Risk Prevention (ICPS)
- Lutz Müller, La Roche
- ...and many more!