The market for biopesticides, biofertilisers and biostimulants continues to grow. However, numerous questions on authorisation and risk assessment are still waiting to be answered. The international “Biocontrol Conference”, to be staged by Akademie Fresenius, offers all the latest news, with up-to-date contributions from experts from the political field, the research sector and the industry. This conference will be taking place in Mainz/Germany on 5 and 6 June.
The experts will be discussing the latest findings and approaches in the risk assessment area – and many more topics. Representatives from the authorities in Germany and Europe will also be reporting on the challenges facing the development and application of test procedures to assess the risks for human health. A representative from the European Chemicals Agency ECHA (Helsinki) will be describing about their ongoing efforts to expand the scope of the European Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) to cover biological biocides.
- Gertie Arts, Wageningen University
- Saskia Bosman-Hoefakker, Dutch Board for the Authorisation of Plant Protection Products and Biocides (Ctgb)
- Frank Dieterich, German Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Ton van Huygevoort, Charles River Laboratories
- Ben Jones, Applied Insect Science (APIS)
- Outi Priha, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- Magdalini Sachana, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Jacqueline Scheepmaker, Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Anne Steenbergh, Board for the Authorisation of Plant Protection Products and Biocides (Ctgb)
- Ingvar Sundh, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
- Karl-Otto Westphalen, BASF
- Mark Whittaker, Applied Insect Science (APIS)
Full programme details will be available here shortly!
Dates: 5 and 6 June 2018
Die Akademie Fresenius GmbH